After driving 7,500kms in less than three weeks, we’re home in Mudgee.
Thankfully there were no issues with the car – it went like a dream – and there were no problems with roos, emus, or Highway Patrol officers!
It was a safe journey, and for that I’m grateful – and I did a little meditation beside the car once we’d unpacked, just thanking those concerned… It was an extraordinary trip – and in the next day or so I will elaborate on what I’ve learned, but just to list the highlights –
- Having dinner in the Glenrowan pub in Victoria – a place of myth, where Australia’s most infamous bushranger (outlaw) had a shootout with cops
- Walking through the William Ricketts Sanctuary in the Dandenongs, feeling the spirits of the aboriginal elders, women and children captured in sculptures that sprang from the rocks and the trees…
- Photographing the wedding of Alex & Matt – two truly beautiful people in every way –
- Catching up again with The Landers Express – Peter and Julie – and talking into the wee hours. Two special friends…
- Sleeping in an underground motel in Coober Pedy –
- Driving north into the Red Heart of Australia. Such beautiful country…
- Spending time with Cowboy Loy Pwerle, and filming with him and his family – Cowboy a wonderful artist and a true gentleman.
- Our time in Utopia, which I will remember always
- Walking around Alice Springs late one afternoon – drinking in the beautiful light.
- Meeting Lee Carroll and interviewing him. An extraordinary man…
- Attending the Gaia Consciousness Retreat – and witnessing Lee Carroll channel Kryon.
- Trying to avoid taking touristy shots of Uluru at sunset, but finding myself taking shots like everyone else.
- Walking around the base of Uluru at sunrise with Jennifer.
- Meeting Doug and Grace, and experiencing the wonder of their energetic machine that can show what’s happening in your body.
- Driving through the flatland desert – and being deeply affected by the ancient beauty of this land.
We’re home for Easter, and then about a week later we leave for Italy, to meet up with Elena in Tuscany and finalise everything for the walking tour, starting April 27th in Florence.
And after the tour, we fly to Turkey to film with the descendants of Rumi in the centre of the country. This for a Sufi perspective on intuition.