I read widely. Always have.
I love books.
All kinds of books.
I read everything from Stephen King (a great writer) to Cormac McCarthy (a very great writer), from George RR Martin (read all the Game of Thrones books one after the other – have yet to see the tv series) to Dickens, who wrote the best book I’ve ever read – David Copperfield.
Perhaps my favourite contemporary book is Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children, voted the Booker of Bookers – being the best Man Booker prize winner ever written.
The book is magnificent.
But when I decided to get serious about my spiritual development, and as part of my research into intuition, I made a decision to forego my usual reading habits and concentrate on more esoteric fare.
I don’t have time to read Donna Tartt’s Goldfinch and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Not both of them. It’s either one or the other. They’re both weighty tomes. And I simply don’t have the time. Whilst I do try and make each moment in my day count towards something productive, I’m not superhuman.
So here is what I’m currently reading, and what I have on my Kindle to read in the near future –
- Supernormal, by Dean Radin
- Jung’s Map of the Soul, by Murray Stein
- Varieties of Religious Experience, a study in Human Nature, by William James
- The Rig Veda, translation by Ralph Griffith
- Light on The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, commentary by BKS Iyengar
- The Divine Plan, by Sri Aurobindo
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Holy Science, by Sri Yuteswar Giri
- Unveiled Mysteries – I Am Discourses; the Saint Germain series, by Guy Ballard
- Walking the Noble Path, by Thich Naht Hahn
There’s some heavy duty reading in amongst this lot.
And a bucketload of wisdom.
We all think you are superhuman!
Bill, no matter how much reading I try to fit in, there are always more books waiting patiently – including Midnight’s Children.
It’s a great read Greg. Maybe Chrissie reading!
I was going to say how mich I enjoy “Peanuts”, but now i think I will just be quiet. 😟
LikeLiked by 2 people
Peanuts is wonderfully existential!!
LOL right there with you, Steve!!! 🙂 Britta