Today was spent in the picture postcard town of Rothenburg – or, as our wonderful friend Texan Vedic Astrologer Extraordinaire Joni Patry calls it, a “gingerbread” town.
It was a free day for those on the tour to do whatever they wanted – including:
- A walk along the top of the town’s ancient stone ramparts, which encircle Rothenburg.
- A visit to the magnificent German Christmas Museum
- Morning tea, which included a big slosh of Amaretto in our cappuccinos.
- A visit to the magnificent Kathe Wohlfahrt Christmas shop
- A visit to the St. James Cathedral – an integral stop along the German Camino
- Lunch, of course. My meal was Wild Boar goulash with dumplings… with a Franconia Riesling.
It was a wonderful relaxing day, to be topped off by dinner at our favourite Bavarian tavern this evening.
Christmas is everywhere along the Romantic Road. And what better place to spend these pre-Christmas days than in a town like Rothenburg –