Today was spent in the picture postcard town of Rothenburg – or, as our wonderful friend Texan Vedic Astrologer Extraordinaire Joni Patry calls it, a “gingerbread” town.
It was a free day for those on the tour to do whatever they wanted – including:
- A walk along the top of the town’s ancient stone ramparts, which encircle Rothenburg.
- A visit to the magnificent German Christmas Museum
- Morning tea, which included a big slosh of Amaretto in our cappuccinos.
- A visit to the magnificent Kathe Wohlfahrt Christmas shop
- A visit to the St. James Cathedral – an integral stop along the German Camino
- Lunch, of course. My meal was Wild Boar goulash with dumplings… with a Franconia Riesling.
It was a wonderful relaxing day, to be topped off by dinner at our favourite Bavarian tavern this evening.
Christmas is everywhere along the Romantic Road. And what better place to spend these pre-Christmas days than in a town like Rothenburg –
Hot a good giggle out of this one…. you call it tea time and you then drink spiked coffee.
Nice memories of Rothenburg
.. one of the towns we visited on our honeymoon.
Fantastic pictures Bill. It doesn’t appear as cold as the other day, am I correct in this assumption?
This tour is certainly wowing me!
You’ll get a kick out of this, Bill : http://www.laboiteverte.fr/100-photos-nont-aucune-influence/
You forgot the Torture Museum
Yes – the ladies didn’t want to go to it unfortunately… they wanted the Christmas Museum instead… 🙂
Kathey, it’s the most amazing tour this one. Germany at this time of the year really is magical…
… and Monaco just hit another 4-0, & three Falcao goals — so much fun !!!
Very cool Julian. I’m looking forward to getting back to Australia so I can watch!