Less than a week out from leaving now, and the excuses not to go have started:
- I’m not fit enough.
- I’m too fit – I’ve already peaked.
- My leg hurts from my last 32km training hike.
- I can’t get my pack weight down to below 9 kgs.
- I’ve eaten too much over Easter.
- It’s snowing over there – I didn’t sign up for snow.
- I really shouldn’t be taking so much time off work.
- I’ve read so many blogs, watched so many YouTube videos, I feel like I’ve already done it.
- I like Australia.
- I’ll miss five rounds of the footy season.
But the kicker is: Why am I doing this?
And that’s why I have to go.