As followers of this blog know, at this time each year I do an audit of what I achieved this past year, pegged against what I said I wanted to achieve – and I set out what I hope to achieve the coming year.
So, firstly – here is a link to last year’s audit – 2017 expectations
How did I go? I did some, didn’t do some. Here’s what I wanted to achieve in 2017, and what I did achieve –
- The feature film PGS – Intuition is your Personal Guidance System will be completed, and released. TICK
- I will actively market the film. TICK
- I will write two books associated with the film, for sale on release of the film. NUP. WRITING ONE NOW, – WON’T BE FINISHED TILL END FEB EARLIEST. HAVE NEARLY FINISHED ANOTHER (120,000 WORDS CURRENTLY)
- The first two books in the Palace of Fires series will be completed and delivered to Penguin Random House. TICK. FIRST BOOK – INITIATE – COMES OUT JAN 29 THIS YEAR, IN A FEW WEEKS, 2ND BOOK – UNHOLY – COMES OUT SEPT THIS YEAR.
- The Camino film will be budgeted, scheduled, key cast will come on board and I’ll have a workable finance plan. TICK – EXCEPT STILL CASTING
- The Indian honour killing film will be set up to shoot the year after. NOT SET UP STILL. STILL HOPING
- Jennifer and I will mount another Indian tour. NUP. NO TIME
- Jennifer and I will mount another German Christmas tour. NUP. NO TIME
So what do I hope to achieve this year, 2018?
- PGS the movie will release globally and be a success.
- Jennifer and I will travel and help market and promote the film.
- PGS the book will be published.
- JOURNAL OF A JOURNEY – the book on the making of the film – will be published.
- The first two PALACE OF FIRES books – INITIATE & UNHOLY – will be published by Penguin Random House to great commercial success!
- I will complete and deliver the third in the PALACE OF FIRES series – BEAST – to Penguin Random House.
- BUEN CAMINO, the feature film, will be cast and set for filming in 2019
- I will walk 3000kms from my front door to the end of the world.
The last one is the biggie – a walk I have been dreaming about and planning for a while now. Literally walking out my front door in Mudgee, Central NSW, and walking to Cape Finisterre on the far west coast of Spain.
To be able to do that though I have to meet my obligation on my delivery of the third PALACE OF FIRES book – a 100k+ word book which is going to be a tough write.
If I can achieve all of the above, then 2018 will be a good year work wise.