Each time this year I review what I did during the year, and whether I met my expectations.
Invariably I don’t –
This time last year, I wrote a post: All I did this year, and next ~
In that post, I stated what I wanted to achieve this year, 2016. Here’s what I wrote:
This time next year, I want to again answer the question: What did I do this year, by saying:
- I finished my PGS film.
- I wrote and published the 2nd part of WHITE WITCH BLACK WITCH.
- I wrote another book on the Camino.
- I started my Indian honour killing film.
- I mounted a 2nd Portuguese Camino Tour.
- I mounted a Wild Atlantic Way Tour on the west coast of Ireland.
- I mounted a 2nd Mother Ganga Tour.
- I began the 2nd stage of the online educational resource with QUT.
- I set up a new film, based on the new screenplay – which in fact is about the Camino.
So how did I go?
- I did finish my PGS film – kind of. I finished the cut, but there’s still more work to be done. So I did not achieve this goal.
- I didn’t write and publish the second part of WHITE WITCH BLACK WITCH, and the reason is that the first book, which I self published, got picked up by Penguin Random House in a major three book deal. The first book will now be published in February 2018, with the second book six months later, and the third book another six months after that. It’s now called PALACE OF FIRES, by the way.
- I didn’t write another book on the Camino. Nup to that one too.
- I didn’t start my Indian honour killing film, although my producing partner Anupam Sharma and I worked hard on it, and progressed the financing.
- I did mount another Portuguese Tour, with a group out of New Zealand. And it was wonderful. Jennifer and I made some great friends.
- The Irish tour never happened.
- The Mother Ganga tour did happen.
- The online educational resource at QUT got put on hold because the Professor I’m working with had to take extended leave, for family reasons. It’s still on the burner though.
- I am in the process of setting up a new feature film based on my Camino memoir, The Way, My Way. I now have a US sales agent / financier on board, and Screen Australia this year provided two tranches of development funding, and also provided funding for me to attend the Cannes Film Festival. I have interest from two Australian distributors.
So my strike rate wasn’t that crash hot this year, but that’s because I spent most of the year in the editing room on my PGS film. And when I wasn’t editing I was shooting.
What do I hope to achieve work-wise this coming year?
- The feature film PGS – Intuition is your Personal Guidance System will be completed, and released.
- I will actively market the film.
- I will write two books associated with the film, for sale on release of the film.
- The first two books in the Palace of Fires series will be completed and delivered to Penguin Random House.
- The Camino film will be budgeted, scheduled, key cast will come on board and I’ll have a workable finance plan.
- The Indian honour killing film will be set up to shoot the year after.
- Jennifer and I will mount another Indian tour.
- Jennifer and I will mount another German Christmas tour.
That’s about it.
On a personal level I’d like to learn how to channel.
I want to get to know my spirit guides and teachers.
I think they’d be pretty cool.